Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Tri Life

Ok, so not exactly the "tri" life. More like the "team tri" life. Yep, that's the life I live kids. GC and I completed another team triathlon this past weekend, I swam and GC conquered the bike and the run. Really, I think I got the easy part, for sure.

This was our longest tri yet, an olympic length (1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run). It's humbling to see so many outrageous athletes there to complete the WHOLE thing by themselves, but for my part, I have no interest in running 10km. The bike I could get behind, but the run, yeah, not interested. That said, I still love to compete, and to surround myself with some awesome, super motivated people. It's all about getting out there and staying healthy.

GC did a great job on the bike and the run. He really killed the bike, though it left his legs a little depleted for the run. Despite fatigue, he pushed through and completed the race, even saved me a smile as I hooted and hollered when he crossed the finish line.

The swim was a great experience. I learned I need to practice swimming straight. I tend to veer left (my right arm must be a beast). Open water swimming is completely different from laps in a pool, particularly when there are about 50 other people jumping in and swimming with you, like salmon in a run, frantic, and desperately trying to pull ahead.

Getting involved in these event has been a great motivator for staying fit and keeping healthy in the summer months. It's also something GC and I can do together, memories we can share.

I'm looking forward to all the events to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment